Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No link

You're dangerous, he said.

No I'm not. I'm an enabler. I'm flexible enough that men think they can get away with anything. Once they pass my line of silent boundary, I'm outta here.

No, you're dangerous. I know.

He knows. He does know I think. He gave me a book on magic, and herbs, and the witchy magical things that make up my darker side. So, I'm not an enabler. I just give them enough rope to hang themselves.

But what does that mean for me? For my future?

We'll see. I have much more on this but I'm sleepy. Good night.

2 comments:

Kristi Ostler said...

So the reality is, they hang themselves. They do not respect your boundaries. You don't show them the boundaries, so they think that they are the victim for not knowing. But the reality is, if they truly KNOW you, they know your limits. If they truly RESPECT you, they don't try to cross you or push your buttons just to determine your boundaries.

I'm similar. I draw silent boundaries. And when people cross them, I'm done. And I'm the bad person for not putting up neon billboards that establish my limits, in their minds. Pshh!

Kimberly said...

You nailed it, sister.